Here’s a possible route for our 2 hours photowalk around Cork today:
- Start at the GPO, near the big A marker above.
- Head south (down) to the river to Morrison’s Quay where we can shoot Holy Trinity and the river bank of the South Channel.
- Head west towards Sullivans Quay where we can shoot Parliament Bridge and St Finbarre’s Cathedral in the distance.
- Over either Nano Nagle bridge to the Grand Parade or the bridge to St Main Street. The old Beamish Brewery is on South Main street and we can then go back to Grand Parade.
- Shoot the sparkling new streetscape of Grand Parade and then into The English Market.
- Bump up the ISO and shoot indoors in the English Market.
- Out again eventually and either wander over to Cornmarket Street or down Patrick Street to do some street photography.
Throwing a spanner in the works is the Lee Swim, a swim down the North Channel, around the tip near the docklands and up by the Clarion. Here’s the course map. It could be starting at 2pm and if it is, it would be worth our while heading down the Clarion to photograph the finish and the crowds. The Clarion itself is worth a look and the nearby Elysian too. I’ll update this post when I know more.
Cork, irishblogs, photowalk, Words, worldwidephotowalk
You might also like