In Photos is run by Donncha Ó Caoimh, a software developer with Automattic Inc. and one of the guys behind weblog site WordPress.com and the multi-user version of WordPress WordPress mu. He lives with his family in the scenic town of Blarney, Co. Cork, Ireland.
He posts a new photograph
every day quite often on this site. They are usually street shots around Cork City, Ireland but there’s a wealth of photos from around the country and elsewhere too. Donncha has in the past used The GIMP, using GThumb as an image viewer on Linux but has since tried Aftershot Pro (before Corel abandoned it) and now uses Lightroom extensively.
- He had 8 photos included in the Ray D’Arcy Us Book, a photo book celebrating a day in the life of Ireland on October 1st, 2005. All proceeds went to charity and all 30,000 copies sold out within weeks of publication.
- One of his photos was displayed in Times Square, New York.
- Road Narrows is being used by Hugging the Shoulder, a theatre company performing at the New York International Fringe Festival in August 2006.
- Street Talking will be used for an educational book in Argentina.
- One of his images from the US Book launch party (this one of Ray D’Arcy) was used by the Irish Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children (ISPCC) in their annual report. Thanks Celine for my copy of it!
- On November 6th 2006, an article on blogging in Ireland in the Irish Times featured one his photos.
- Case Western Reserve University used the Thieving Duck to illustrate one of their articles on January 12th, 2007.
Donncha shoots with a
Canon 20D Canon 40D and a Panasonic Lumix FZ5 Canon 6D and sometimes posts photos from a Galaxy S4.
His other equipment includes:
- Canon 75-300 IS USM lens
Canon 18-50 kit lens
Sigma 18-200 lens
Sigma 10-20 lens
- Canon 50mm f1.8
- Canon Speedlite 580EX flash unit.
Canon 10-22 USM lens
- Canon 24-105mm lens
and various other bits and pieces of photo kit.
Copyright And Prints
A very few images here were taken by others, but most images on this site are copyright Donncha Ó Caoimh. You are free to use any such image for non-commercial use but must display my name and link back to this site.
To order images online, please visit Donncha’s DeviantART Store or my Prints for Sale page where a number of images can be purchased in a variety of sizes.
There are also some photos on Shutter Stock for sale. You can sell photos there too.