Hopefully you’ll have a few days off over the next 2 weeks but you’ll still need your fix of photography news and articles. Your feed aggregator might be a little quiet but here’s a selection of reading material to keep you amused.
- Holiday reading from Photo Headlines includes the Digital Journalist and several other online magazines.
- Digital Camera Headlines is an aggregator of photography news from Digg, delicious, endgadget, dpreview and others. (via) From which I found the following:
- Using Sepia and Black and White To Help Tough Lighting Conditions – I’ve used the technique myself, works wonders when the image is full of reds, yellows and ugly green faces.
- Creating the perfect portrait links to this thread on Flickr about improving three portrait shots.
- Where do You Go for Inspiration for Your Photography?
- How to shoot nightscapes
- Peter Parker, Watch Out! Citizen journalists report and take photos that appear on the front pages of major newspapers and get peanuts in return. Is fame worth it?
First of all, who knew that a picture that runs in three newspapers, including a front-page spread, only earns you $650?
- It’s Not The Camera, It’s the Photographer – Right? – Michael Reichmann makes the point that it’s not just the photographer, the camera plays a part in the capture of a good image. That’s obvious, but given two photographers of different skills, one will be able to use the same camera better than the other.
You might also like