My dream photoblog theme
- The blog will have two displays: compact and full.
- Compact format: on the front page of the blog it shall display one primary photo on the left hand side of the browser with description, permalink and a comments link. On the right shall be a dozen thumbnails from previous posts. Above and below the image will be “Next” and “Previous” links to newer and older posts. These links must point at permalinks, not /page/X/ urls.
- Clicking on a thumbnail will refresh the left hand side of the browser, displaying the new image, description, permalink and comments.
- As I like to write about photography I want to display the last post from my Words category under the main image of the front page of the site.
- Articles in the Words category will be displayed one by one like the default “compact” format of the blog.
- When a user clicks on the permalink of a photo the display will look the same as the front page but it will not have the newest post from the Words category.
- Full format: Clicking on a “Show all” button above the thumbnails will load a new stylesheet that will make the page appear in a more traditional blog format with multiple posts per page and the newest at the top. Much like this page. Next and Prev links have to morph to /page/X/ links.
- Search engines and non-css aware clients will see a “normal” blog with multiple posts per page.
- Browsing a tag or category archive will follow the same compact/full format as above.
- Need space for advertising as well. Top and sidebar.
Colin Finch is working on a photoblog theme with thumbnails in the sidebar. He’s using the “optional excerpt” feature of WordPress to handle the thumbnails. Unfortunately he’s battling with Internet Explorer because it’s not behaving. Can someone lend him a hand?
Yes I want a photoblog, and a regular blog, with a cherry on top please.