Clearing out my feed reader
My feed addiction has got to stop! It’s a great way to keep up to date on my favourite blogs but when it gets to over 300 blogs then something has to be done. That means cutting back on my subscriptions. Unfortunately the first to go will be those photoblogs that don’t offer a full feed, or only show thumbnails. If I had time, I’d visit your blog every day but I don’t, and it’s impossible to judge the merits of a photo from a tiny thumbprint of an image.
Without further ado, here’s the list of blogs I have dropped from my feed reader. If you’ve come here because you saw traffic to your blog through a link in this post, please consider a full feed. I’d be back like a shot because I enjoyed your photography enough to subscribe in the first place!
- Deceptive Media
- North Atlantic Skyline
- Life Vicarious
- Shorpy (which I featured only a few days ago!)
- Stockphototalk – photography news site
- Water Molotov – love his street photography, sigh.
- Never Happen
- image ANAlogy
- Every so often
- a b s o l u t e l y n o t h i n g almost got the chop but it’s thumbnails are just big enough to make out.
- Gingerpixel stays too, but please Claire, full feed?
- No Traces – wonderful photos but not even a thumbnail in the feed.
- Images of my thoughts – ugly watermarks.
- Mystery Me
- Pasci it
- Low Exposure
Twenty4– Twenty4 now uses Pixelpost and has a full feed! Find it at http://twenty4.net/pp/. Thank you Grit! The pictures of your niece are delightful!
Your feed readers are the most loyal of your readers and they should be treated accordingly. Give them something to get their teeth into instead of a small morsel and you’ll find that traffic to your blog increases, you’ll get more links to your posts and maybe even more comments by an appreciative audience.
Here are the photography related blogs that stay.
- Flak Photo
- About Photography – a partial feed but worth haning on to.
- Thomas Hawk
- Photo Business News & Forum
- intermittent shots
- The Candid Frame
- The Online Photographer
- Strobist – started out great but I find myself not visiting as much. Partial feed unfortunately. Almost chopped.
- Renaissance Man
- The Digital Story – although I wonder why I still subscribe. I rarely listen to podcasts.
- The Photography Blog – started out well, but it’s now mostly “yet another list of camera reviews” site.
- The Death Boogie Diaries – some NSFW stuff.
- Svenfoo – GIMP developer.
- Open Source Photography (OSP)
- GIMP Users on Flickr.
- McAWilliams Photo blog
- Photojournalism – Partial feed, but Mark’s a brilliant photographer and writer.
- A tiny blip in the continuum
- Digital Photography World – partial feed but I like his writing.
- Digital Light and Shadow
- Daily dose of imagery
- A Walk Through Durham Township, Pennsylvania
- Therefore, I_blog
- Digital Camera Reviews
- Phil’s Photos
- Round Here
- Capture Capture
- Red Mum
And a lot more but I got tired of copy/pasting everything.
Coming up on Monday: search engine tips for your photoblog. Don’t miss it!