A group of about 20 bloggers, techs, and generally smart and nice people gathered in Probys Bistro last night before the Web 2.0 Conference today.
Pictured, in no particular order, and only if I figured out, or know your blog:
- Joe Drumgoole who posted some dinner photos and notes from the conference.
- Rob Burke who gave a fantastic demo of Microsoft’s new AJAX development tool.
- Tom Raftery who helped organise the event.
- Salim Ismail who gave a brilliant talk at the conference today.
- Britt Blaser who was in Ireland with his wife at this time.
- Shel Israel is in Ireland too and also gave a rousing and enthusiastic talk at the conference. I was lucky enough to talk to him last night and he impressed me with his passion for blogging and open source software and WordPress!
Not pictured are Fergus Burns or Walter Higgins who were sitting on either side of me at dinner. They gave great talks too, Fergus concentrated on the Irish perspective of starting a company while Walter gave a more technical talk on the technology behind AJAX and Rich Internet Apps.
Bref, Conor and Sabrina – where are your blogs?
Thanks again to Damien Mulley for organising the dinner. It was a great opportunity to meet some of the participants and characters at conference in an informal setting.