There’s only a few days left to go before the due date so this post by Michelle Jones is timely. She points at this 3 part series on baby photography by Amber Holritz. Here’s part 2 and part 3.
An image of a child can and should serve the following purposes:
1. Appropriate likeness of the child
2. Artistic rendering
3. Historical documentation for future generations
An image of a child would ideally show:
1. Emotional connection
Great posts on the process of getting to know the family, the different shoots, and building a relationship for future business.
- Photography Tips for Mom #2 – “The Sleep Newborn” describes photographing babies less than 10 days old. At that age they sleep a lot and Me Ra has some special shots. More in the tips for moms category.
- Photographing Babies by Digital Photography School is of course an excellent read.
- Finally, tips for submitting great photos to baby contents has a couple of good ideas for the competitive among you.