Squashed in on St Patrick’s Day.
Hands up now lads. How many of you have waited around while your significant other picked out makeup or browsed the aisles in a department store?
Yeah, me too.
This young fella was collecting the rubbish from the drawers and in contrast to the immaculately done up girls dressed in black he wore torn jeans and a cheap sweater.
PS. Lunar eclipse in 2 hours time. I think I’ll be asleep!
A small boy waits outside Brown Thomas with his dad while I presume his mother shops inside.
I had plenty of company while I waited!
I wonder if the teenager wearing this hoodie realised the irony of wearing a garment decorated with cassette images, a piece of technology he may not ever have used. The Wikipedia page has a lot more to say on the subject.
This was shot outside Brown Thomas on Patrick Street, Cork while I wheeled Adam around in his buggy.
Thomas, a young boy in his buggy on Patrick’s Day this year. He’s well wrapped up against the cold.
I have no idea who he is, so hopefully his name is Thomas, and that’s not some famous brand I’m not aware of.
It’s strange how you can be stuck in your own little world and not be aware of anything around you.
All around this boy were couples, either hand in hand, walking together or even framing him in the middle of the image, but I’m struck by his solitary movement through the street. He look lost in thought.
- Well done to Ryan for shooting his first wedding!
- Congrats to Elly and George on their marriage over the weekend!
- Treasa has discovered wideangle. I can’t wait to see what results she gets with it. I remember shooting skateboarders in Cork while the almost flew over my head. At least there I could dodge out of the way, especially for one little a**hole who tried to land on me each and every time..
- So that’s where all those 500GB external drives went. No wonder the shop was sold out!
- The EFF’s Intelectual Property FAQ.
- Finally, a few posts via Photography Voter: Tonal range and the curves tool, b/w living
A boy grins with delight after the St. Patrick’s Day Parade in Cork this year. And why wouldn’t he? He’s sitting tall over everyone else!
Larry Tompkins bar is in the background. It was packed with the day’s crowd.
PS. The May issue of Digital Journalist has been out for a few days. I’m only now getting to look at it. Maybe. Adam is crying in the background. afk again!