As well as an outdoor market, the good people of Cork were entertained by musicians in Emmett Place on Patrick’s Day.
On Patrick’s Day all sorts of head gear and clothes are worn by people all over the world. This girl had a hair band with 2 leprechauns on springy stalks! See the shamrock on her cheek?
Shot on St. Patrick’s Street, Cork last March.
Blowing bubbles on the street is a great way to keep children occupied! On St. Patrick’s Day this year a fairy lady blew bubbles for these kids who were having a ball catching them!
Cork City Library on the Grand Parade used to have railings in front for locking up your bike. Those railings disappeared a few months ago but people still leave their bikes there.
The library itself will soon be the subject of a major facelift as a developer expands it into a new block of retail units and apartments as well as library.
This is Oscar, our Shih Tzu. He has been a part of our family for just over a year now and he’s very devoted to my wife Jacinta. He loves playing with me too, but I know who he’d save from a sinking ship!
We were worried what would happen when the baby came along, but Oscar has been great. For the most part he has ignored Adam, but if a stranger should lean over Adam and his mom then Oscar will be out to growl and sometimes bark! That would be great if there was any danger but it’s almost always a friend or family so it’s become an annoyance we need to look out for.
Poor Oscar doesn’t get the same amount of attention as he did before baby but in general he behaves better, so that’s a good thing! I think he got a little cocky and just a little too confident of his place in the family hierarchy.
Walking as an exercise is a great way to lose the pounds and get in shape, which is all well and good when you’re a toddler and you’re pushed around in a pram all day!
This was shot on Maylor Street, Cork a few months back when it was still cold. What am I saying? It’s still cold at times, even in the middle of the Summer but at least this Sunday looks to be a nice one!
The most popular photos of June 2007
- The Lady’s Red Boots was unsurprisingly the most popular of the photos I posted in June. I guess the combination of red boots and grey and dull background grabbed a lot of attention!
- Orange stripes and white clouds. I love leading lines, I love clouds. It was a beautiful day at the Conor Pass in Co. Kerry when I took this!
- Children at play was one shot I really enjoyed working on. Bright blue sky, vibrant colours. Yummy!
Most prolific commentators
- Josef who was using WordPress, but switched to Pixelpost recently. I won’t hold that against him as he has some nice photos!
- Gamma Goblin left a few comments on my blog this month. He bought some external drives just like I did!
- White intermezzo left a few comments on my flickr stream. Go take a look at her gorgeous photos of Singapore. Beautiful stuff!
Posts with most Comments this month
- Love Messages.
- Children at play.
- The Thieving Duck tied with Orange stripes and white clouds for 3rd place.
If you’re interested, the following SQL will give you the top commenters on your own WordPress blog:
SELECT comment_author, comment_author_url, count( * ) AS c FROM wp_comments WHERE comment_date > date_sub( NOW( ) , INTERVAL 1 MONTH ) GROUP BY comment_author ORDER BY c DESC
And this chunk of code will give you the posts with the most comments made in the past month:
SELECT comment_post_ID , post_name, count( * ) as c FROM wp_comments, wp_posts WHERE wp_comments.comment_post_ID = wp_posts.ID AND comment_date > date_sub( NOW( ) , INTERVAL 1 MONTH ) GROUP BY comment_post_ID ORDER BY `c` DESC