As well as an outdoor market, the good people of Cork were entertained by musicians in Emmett Place on Patrick’s Day.
On Patrick’s Day all sorts of head gear and clothes are worn by people all over the world. This girl had a hair band with 2 leprechauns on springy stalks! See the shamrock on her cheek?
Shot on St. Patrick’s Street, Cork last March.
Blowing bubbles on the street is a great way to keep children occupied! On St. Patrick’s Day this year a fairy lady blew bubbles for these kids who were having a ball catching them!
Walking as an exercise is a great way to lose the pounds and get in shape, which is all well and good when you’re a toddler and you’re pushed around in a pram all day!
This was shot on Maylor Street, Cork a few months back when it was still cold. What am I saying? It’s still cold at times, even in the middle of the Summer but at least this Sunday looks to be a nice one!
This one’s for John. He should be able to see his surname on the far right of this picture.
Way back in February this year Killarney was going through it’s own turmoil with road works that pretty much did for traffic along this particular street. I’d like to see any SUV traverse that lot!
Mommy and daughter are dressed all in white as they hurry around town shopping.
Taken on Patrick’s Street while I tried to dodge the previously mentioned hurrying mother and another shopper who had just been in to Awear.
Off to the shops? Looks like these ladies, young and slightly older, have been busy already in “Shoe Zone” and other stores doing some shoe shopping. Mum looks a bit stressed, but daughter is off in her own world and probably enjoying the day!
This image was taken moments before I shot The hat and the smoke. Same car in the background, and you can see the subject of the previous photo just coming into the frame on the left!
It’s strange how you can be stuck in your own little world and not be aware of anything around you.
All around this boy were couples, either hand in hand, walking together or even framing him in the middle of the image, but I’m struck by his solitary movement through the street. He look lost in thought.
- Well done to Ryan for shooting his first wedding!
- Congrats to Elly and George on their marriage over the weekend!
- Treasa has discovered wideangle. I can’t wait to see what results she gets with it. I remember shooting skateboarders in Cork while the almost flew over my head. At least there I could dodge out of the way, especially for one little a**hole who tried to land on me each and every time..
- So that’s where all those 500GB external drives went. No wonder the shop was sold out!
- The EFF’s Intelectual Property FAQ.
- Finally, a few posts via Photography Voter: Tonal range and the curves tool, b/w living
Sometimes on a cloudy and dark day something unexpected can brighten your day. These sexy red boots had that effect and I quickly grabbed this shot!
I can’t imagine the pain of walking in shoes with such high heels however. *shudder*