An anchor sits in the main square in Bantry Town.
According to the Wikipedia page on the town,
This anchor from the French Armada force in 1796 was discovered off the northeast point of Whiddy island, Bantry Bay, in 1980 by the Dutch salvage company Smit Tak
Couldn’t find much else about it online after a brief search. Odd.Tags: Architecture, Bantry, Black and White, Canon 20D, Cork, Cork Photos, Ireland, Irish photos, irishblogs, Photography, Photos, Sigma 10-20, Street, Urban