After I reinstalled Ubuntu 8.10 I of course had to install some of the 3rd paty software I used before. One of those was Bibble Pro and I ran into a problem I experienced before. The drop down list boxes of Bibble plugins were empty!
I searched Google, and then the Bibble Labs forum, and found the answer, sort of. This is a Linux problem, as the permissions on the plugin files are too restrictive.
The paths are wrong in the commands given by afx however. Here’s how to fix the plugins. As root, type the following:
chmod ugo+rx /usr/lib/bibblelabs/bibblepro/plugins/*
chmod ugo+r /usr/lib/bibblelabs/bibblepro/tools/Plugins/*
chmod ugo+rx /usr/lib/bibblelabs/bibblepro/plugins /usr/lib/bibblelabs/bibblepro/tools/Plugins/
This is for future reference in case I get hit by this particular bug again!
You might also like