In my younger days when I was out on the town on a Friday or Saturday night with the rest of the crowd, “The Goat Broke Loose” was an occasional watering hole for me and my friends. It started out well, with a good mix of customers, although if memory serves there were a lot of preening ladies there too interested in looking in a mirror to notice a poor altruistic open source developer like myself!
In later years the pub became known as a place where a younger clientèle would gather to drink. Unfortunately for them it closed a few years ago but they all moved on of course to a new spot. I suspect it will be redeveloped because it is right next to the now closed Grand Parade Hotel and the City Library which is going to get a major new make over in the coming months if planning goes through.
Well, that was strange. I published my post and the url to my image changed. I had to copy/paste it from it’s Flickr page again. First time that’s happened.
Links I like:
- The “Beauty Function” For a More Beautiful You
- I take photees ! by Lili Forberg, a freelance photographer in Dublin. She has some great shots, including behind the scenes shots of model shoots.
- Web-based Photoshop on the Way – Pixenate and other online editors will give it a run for the money but it’ll be interesting to see how this shakes things up.
- Co Cork sunset by Treasa Lynch. Definitely worth missing 10 minutes of that game!
- They Just Went Home For The Night are photos from Rover’s Longbridge plant in the UK. Michael Scott of Photo Addiction took the photos while Collin provides the text on this eery post.
- The New Portrait: A Study in Three Parts – how 10 photographers approach taking portraits. Great gallery, pity it opens in a too-small popup.
- Be careful what you sign – when you sign a contract you could be signing away all your rights, but it could be illegal. Read carefully.
- Watch what you say and how you act – this applies to any profession. The person walking next to you to aa meeting could be the new client.
- A review of Smugmug. I have a Deviantart store where you can buy some of my prints. I haven’t sold any yet but I don’t try hard. Have you sold prints from your photoblog?
- Videos from Fosdem are now online including one on GEGL, the graphics library the GIMP will eventually use.
Black and White, Canon 20D, Cork, Cork Photos, Goat-Broke-Loose, Grand Parade, high-key, Ireland, Irish photos, irishblogs-graffiti, Photos, pub, Sigma 10-20, Urban
You might also like