Cobh Train Station, taken just before closing many months ago. It’s a long exposure shot of the interior of a fine building on the quay-side.
“The Queenstown Story”, a museum in the background of this shot is worth a visit and tells the story of the port of Cobh as the last place 3 million Irish people saw before they sailed for the United States. Some of those sailed on the ill-fated Titanic.
The Queenstown Story on virtualtourist.com has more reviews, and pictures of the museum if you’re interested.
- Duplicate Layer
- Brighten new layer with Curves tool.
- Blur with Gaussian Blur and a radius of 15 pixels.
- Black/White conversion with channel mixer.
- Change layer mode to Grain merge, 82.5% opacity.
- Resize and unsharp mask the lower layer.
I like this: Shandon Tower.Tags: Architecture, Cobh, Cork, Cork Photos, Ireland, Irish photos, museum, Night, People, Photos, restaurant, Sigma 18-200, The-Queenstown-Story, Titanic, tourist, train-station, Urban